- Explore the Akrotiri peninsula: Monastery of Agia Triada - Gouverneto Monastery - Eleftherios Venizelos Tombs (historical site) Drive towards the airport. Visit the Monastery of Agia Triada and then the Gouverneto Monastery. On your way back towards Chania stop at the Eleftherios Venizelos Tombs - a historical site with wonderful views to the old Venetian harbor of Chania.There you also will find a choice 3 coffee shops for you to enjoy. The Akrotiri peninsula also has good beaches (Stavros, Kalathas, Marathi and Loutraki).
- Visit Aptera archaeological site - Itzedin Castle - Beaches - Traditional Villages in the Apokoronas area: The small archaeological site of Aptera (ancient town of the Minoan era) is well worth a visit. From here there are wonderful sea views to the port of Chania (Souda) and the Akrotiri peninsula. Continue on to visit Itzedin Castle - a Turkish castle, built in the 19th Century (also known as the Kalami fort). From there you can visit the beaches of Kalami, Kalyves and Almirida. Vamos, Vrisses, Armenoi, Samonas, Kokkino Horio; are just some of the small traditional villages that will give you a taste of rural traditional Crete.
- Hora Sfakion - Frangokastello - Plakias - Myrthios - Rethymno. Drive down to Hora Sfakion and either take the ferry to Loutro or Agia Roumeli (see ferry schedules at: http://www.anendyk.gr/pages/en/timetable.php) or continue on from Hora Sfakion for a further 12 kilometers to Frangokastello (see the castle on the beach) and onto the large coastal village of Plakias. From there drive up to the inland village of Myrthios (for a traditional Cretan lunch at any of the taverns with panoramic sea views) and then onto Rethymno. From there you can easily get to the New National Road (heading west to 'Chania') to get back Verekinthos Villas.
- Falassarna beach - Elafonisos beach - Monastery of Chrisoskalitissa The two top beaches to visit while in Chania are Falassarna and Elafonisos. On route you can also visit the Monastery of Chrisoskalitissa. This is a full day trip with approximately a 2 hour drive each way.
- Balos lagoon and Gramvousa islet Take a ferry from Kissamos port (daily) and spend a day sunbathing and swimming at Balos lagoon and the islet of Gramvousa. Total time on the ferry is 55 minutes. For more information have a look at: http://www.gramvousa.com/
- Lake Kournas - The only freshwater lake in Crete! A good small trip to take with the family to enjoy the wonderful views to the mountains, lake and the sea. Walk around the lake, paddle-boat, feed the ducks and have a snack/lunch at one of several cafes/taverns.